US (Honolulu): Visa and General Information
TPre-requisites for US citizens:
H1B Work Visa Program which is the primary US Work Visa valid up to 6 years, employer transferable, dual intent visa (can apply for Green Card):
• Bachelor's degree or higher degree (or foreign equivalent) is needed.
• Minimum 12 years work experience in a specialty occupation (IT, Computing, Finance, Accounting, Banking, Marketing, Advertising, PR, Sales, Recruiting, Engineering (all types), Teaching, HealthCare/Medical, Legal, Lawyers, Networking, Telecoms, Business, Management, etc.).
• Mix of further education (e.g. Diploma) and work experience to total 12 years.
H2B Work Visa Program which is a temporary visa for short term ‘Seasonal' work such as in the hospitality and tourist industries:
• No requirement for a degree.
• Offer from a US employer to perform a temporary or seasonal job, and meet the requirements of the job (Hospitality, Hotels / Motels, Resorts, Ticket Sales, Cruise ships, Construction workers, Maintenance, Janitorial, Ski Resorts, Landscaping, Golf Courses, Water parks, Security, Ride Operators, Restaurants and bars, Warehouse, Retail Stores).
E3 work Visa Program valid for only Australian Citizens and similar to the H1B.
TN1 work Visa Program similar to the H1B but is available to Canadian & Mexican Citizens only
Green Card which is a permanent residency visa for unlimited duration, can lead to US Citizenship
L1 work Visa Program – for senior employees who work for Company's outside the USA and want to transfer to same Company branches in the USA.
E2 Investors / Business Visa Program – for people who want to buy/invest/start a business in the USA
J1 Training / Work Visa Program – short term training/learning visa to further your skills in the USA and then return to your home Country to apply them.